30 Things to Teach Your Dog in 30 Days
Learn the essential training skills you need for bringing home a new dog!
For just one single payment of $60
Have a new dog and not sure where to start on training?
Your first 30 days with your new dog are big – you need to establish routines, bond with your new buddy, and teach them what being part of your family is going to be like.
In our new online course, certified dog behavior consultant Kayla Fratt will take you through the 30 most important things to teach your dog in your first 30 days together!
Whether you’ve just adopted an adult shelter dog and given them a fur-ever home, or brought home a brand new puppy, this course will teach you how to communicate with your dog and begin a positive relationship grounded on trust that will last a lifetime.
Bonding exercises you can do to strengthen your connection with your new dog!
ESSENTIAL TRAINING SKILLS
Essential training skills to help your dog be successful in his new home like “leave it”, “drop it”, “stay”, “off”, and other basics. Also learn how to teach your dog to relax and calm himself.
DIY GROOMING TIPS
Home grooming tips that will save you money spent on costly groomer visits.
BOREDOM-BUSTING TOYS & GAMES
Toys, games, and challenges to prevent boredom and keep your dog’s brain engaged.
UNDERSTAND YOUR DOG BETTER
How to better understand your dog, his unique play preferences, and individual needs!
Get our course and start learning!
Learn how to build trust with your canine companion and begin your training journey together!
Standard course price is single payment of $60
Kayla Fratt is a certified dog behavior consultant accredited through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).
Kayla has several years of experience privately training dogs and owners, as well as past experience working on the behavior team at a local Colorado animal shelter (the 4th largest in the US) and helping to rehabilitate thousands of dogs.
She and her own dog Barley enjoy competitive dog sports including herding, scentwork, canicross, skijoring, and more.
What’s included in the course?
30 VIDEO LESSONS
30 video lessons, demonstrating our 30 essential must-learn skills for new dogs, broken down into 5 modules.
QUIZZES TO TEST YOUR LEARNING
The course includes eight quizzes to test your learning and ensure you understand valuable dog training concepts.
We’ll share our insider top picks for recommended gear to get your new pooch.
Get discounts on private online dog training consultation if you still need help!
How we compare against other options
Dog training isn’t cheap – here’s how our course stacks up against other training options.
For a 6-Week Class
Weekly in-person classes can be tough with busy schedules
Other dogs are present (difficult for reactive dogs)
Usually only basic obedience is covered
Trainers can vary in quality and experience
30 Things Course
For Entire Course
Watch videos on your own schedule when it’s convenient for you
Unlimited access – the course is yours forever!
Taught by Certified Behavior Consultant Kayla Fratt with years of experience training dogs
Affordable & just a one-time payment
Very expensive and unaffordable for most owners
Requires ongoing commitment and in-person appointments
What you’ll find in our video course consisting of five modules.
Module 1: Basics Skills Part 1
The canine basics to get started on the right paw with your new fur friend.
- Video Lesson 1.1: Good Stuff Comes From You! Learn how to start bonding with your dog immediately and show that you’re a great friend to have!
- Video Lesson 1.2: Paying Attention to Me is Great! Start off showing your dog that good things happen when he pays attention to you to establish a focus on you right off the bat.
- Video Lesson 1.3: Hand Targeting. Teach your dog to direct his nose to your hand – an essential skill that can be used to get your dog attention as well as easily move him.
- Video Lesson 1.4: Door Manners. Learn how to stop your dog from rushing the door when you open it – important for basic manners as well as safety.
- Video Lesson 1.5: Teaching “Leave It”. Stop your dog from eating gross garbage on the street and help him redirect his attention to you.
- Video Lesson 1.6: Getting Used to Alone Time. Show your dog that being alone is OK (even fun sometimes) and help prevent separation anxiety from developing.
Module 2: Basic Skills Part 2
More essential dog skills that will make your life with your pup 10x better!
- Video Lesson 2.1 Sit + Basics Training. How to teach your dog to sit and behave himself.
- Video Lesson 2.2 Down + Adding Cues. Teaching your dog the “down” command as well as different methods for adding cues (like a clicker or verbal signal).
- Video Lesson 2.3 Implied Stay. Teach your dog to stay and implied stay commands.
- Video Lesson 2.4 “Off” Command. Learn how to teach your dog “off” and get him off furniture or other areas you want him to stay away from.
- Video Lesson 2.5 “Drop It” Command Learn the “drop it” command, which can be used to teach fetch, get your shoes back, or even grab something gross (or dangerous) from your dog’s mouth.
- Video Lesson 2.6 Mat Training. Mat training is a fantastic skill for teaching your dog to rest and relax calmly around the home. Eventually, these mat training skills can be used to teach your dog how to chill at cafes, breweries, etc.
Module 3: husbandry & grooming
Learn how to properly care for your dog physically and learn basic grooming skills that will save you big money when you can bypass trips to the groomer!
- Video Lesson 3.1 Trimming Your Dog’s Nails. Learn how to trim your dog’s nails and how to introduce your dog to the clippers gently so he won’t develop fear of them.
- Video Lesson 3.2 Ears & Wrinkles. How to clean your dog’s ears and wrinkles to prevent infection and skin sores.
- Video Lesson 3.3 Collar Grabs. Teach your dog to handle being grabbed by the collar without squirming away.
- Video Lesson 3.4 Brushing. Learn how to brush your dog and get introduced to some basic brushes and gear.
- Video Lesson 3.5 Restraint & Getting Held. Learn how to properly and safely restrain your dog and how to get your dog comfortable with being handled all over. This is an essential skill for vet visits!
- Video Lesson: 3.6 Pat, Pet, Pause. Learn how to read your dog’s body language and show him that you’ll respect his space with this bonding exercise.
This module is all about skills you’ll need out around town, whether you’re going for a walk with Fido or running errands in the car.
- Video Lesson 4.1: Ignore. Teach your dog how to ignore exciting stimuli and pay attention to you instead. Key for easily excitable or nervous dogs.
- Video Lesson 4.2: Car Trips. How to keep your dog comfortable in the car and prevent distracted driving.
- Video Lesson 4.3 Loose Leash Walking (LLW). One of the most common canine issues is dogs pulling on walks. Gear can help, but it doesn’t get to the root of the problem. We’ll show you how to teach your dog to walk politely on leash with plenty of slack so you can both enjoy your daily walks!
- Video Lesson 4.4: Go To Your Bed. Teach your do the “go to bed” command so that you can easily send him to his bed or place when visitors come over or when he needs a break.
- Video Lesson 4.5 Puzzle Toys. We’ll explain the true value of puzzle toys, why they’re great for enrichment, and how puzzle toys can even resolve many behavior issues.
- Video Lesson 4.6 Distractions. Learn how to work with your dog with increasingly difficult distractions to better instill your training lessons so your dog will always listen to you – no matter what else is going on!
Module 5: GAMES & PLAYTIME
In Module 5 we’ll share several games and play activities you can engage in with your dog to build your relationship and bond together! Learn how to properly and safely play these canine-friendly games.
- Video Lesson 5.1 Personal Play & Engagement. Learn about the importance of play time with your pooch and how games and toys can improve your dog’s quality of life.
- Video Lesson 5.2 Teaching the “Up” Command. Learn how to teach your dog to hop up on surfaces.
- Video Lesson 5.3 Tug. Tug is a favorite dog game for many pooches – learn how to safely play tug with your pup.
- Video Lesson 5.4 Fetch & Retrieving. Fetch is great for burning out excess energy – see how to teach your dog to fetch and retrieve.
- Video Lesson 5.5 Leg Weave. This fancy-pants skill will impress your guests and is tons of fun to teach!
- Video Lesson 5.6 High Five. Teach your pup how to give you a high five!
What our students think…
Most frequent questions and answers
It’s yours forever! You’ll get full access to the entire 30-video course once you make the one-time purchase. After that, watch the videos at your own pace. There is no monthly fee or membership required – the videos are yours to keep forever once you purchase the course.
Your instructor for this course is Kayla Fratt is a certified dog behavior consultant accredited through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).
She is an advocate for positive reinforcement training and has several years of experience privately training dogs and owners. She has also had past experience working on the behavior team at a Colorado animal shelter.
Yes – you have 60 days to try out the course and see if you find the content valuable or not. Reach out to our customer service team within 60 days from your initial purchase date and get a full refund if you’re not happy with the course.